We need your help to spread awareness to various denominations and evangelical affiliations with ties to ABWE. They have the influence necessary to inspire action at ABWE headquarters in ways we have not been able to.
Below you will find suggestions for your emails (please speak from your heart) and a list of contacts to choose from. We encourage you to make your voices heard.
“It is the greatest of all mistakes to do nothing because you can only do little—do what you can.” — Sidney Smith
Points to Bring Up:
- The Simms Showers investigation. We’re concerned about the vague number of cases, the quality of the investigation, and lack of transparency. How can we be sure ABWE did due diligence when they have not in the past?
- The importance of transparency in regard to child sexual abuse. Protecting the identity of alleged pedophiles who cannot face legal action because of statutes of limitations and foreign soil issues may impede the protection of the children around them today. Is there a standard by which ABWE would take any names public? Would they, for example, ever have gone public with Donn Ketcham were it not for this blog? Offer your thoughts in your letters.
- The important role of churches and individual supporters in calling ABWE into accountability. As it is, ABWE answers only to its board. But it’s board should answer to you. Your money funds their mission, and it is your support that allows them to continue. Churches and church members have every right to require transparency and accountability of the mission boards they support.
Here is a list of contacts you can consider writing to. We suggest that you focus on the ones related to your own church (or state, if applicable) and that you include your church name in the email and cc it to your church pastors as well as the board of ABWE (email@example.com). If you have more suggestions of organizations and leaders we have missed, please let us know.
- GARB National Representative/Rev. John Greening: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NAE President/Rev. Leith Anderson: email@example.com
- CBA National Network Facilitator/Rev. Stan Rieb: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Regular Baptist Interim ED/Rev. Clint Cook: email@example.com
- Converge/Rev. Jerry Sheveland: firstname.lastname@example.org
GARBC Affiliations by State:
Arizona Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Terry Green: email@example.com
Ozark Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Dale Schatz: firstname.lastname@example.org
California Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Ron Schrock: CarbcRep@gmail.com
Rev. Herb Rogers: email@example.com
Rocky Mountain Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Doug Wise: firstname.lastname@example.org
Illinois/Missouri Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Bryce B. “Bernie” Augsburger: email@example.com
The Crossroads Fellowship: A Baptist Network of Churches, Inc.
Rev. Doug Schroeder: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid-Continent Association of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Bob Glover: email@example.com
Montana Regular Baptist Fellowship
Rev. Jerry Buchanan: firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden State Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches
Pastor Lex DeLong: email@example.com
Empire State Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches
Dr. Jim Vogel: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lone Star Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches
(Contact information not available.)
Baptist Network Northwest
Rev. Don Duty (Contact info not available.)
West Virginia Fellowship
Freedom Fellowship of Regular Baptist Churches
Rev. Tim Amundson: email@example.com